Shotcrete –An Economical, High-Quality Solution
At The Conco Companies we offer an ideal placing method known as shotcrete for an excellent alternative to traditional cast-in-place walls. Shotcrete is pneumatically placed concrete that almost eliminates the forming process all together, and thereby, greatly reduces labor cost and time. It has the same structural characteristics as traditional cast-in-place walls and a wide range of applications including shear walls, retaining walls, architectural walls, slope pavement, and soil nailing.
Advantages of Shotcrete Over Conventional Concrete
Conco operates shotcrete crews in Washington, Northern California, Southern California, and Colorado. We are specialist at servicing jobsites with extreme operating environments such as chemical plants, gas-fired electrical generators and hydroelectric plants. Our operation consists of a fleet of modern, up-to-date trucks complete with concrete pumps and all the equipment needed to get the job done right in order to meet deadlines and budgets.
Our shotcrete offers:
- Reduced forming so shotcrete walls can be constructed faster and with less material.
- The ability to easily apply color, stains, or textures and is more attractive without blemishes from tie holes.
- Same characteristics of low water content concrete including an increased durability and reduction in shrinkage cracking.
- Highly skilled, experienced nozzlemen certified by the American Shotcrete Association (ASA).
- Conco’s leadership in the developing field of sculpted shotcrete. Our trained sculptors artistically use concrete as a canvas to make shotcrete walls with structural integrity that are also aesthetically pleasing.
Shotcrete Recent Posts
- On Monday, February 29, 2016, the Conco Companies topped off the core of the Wilshire Grand Center building in downtown Los Angeles. With over 150,000 cubic yards of concrete poured, …Read More »
- The Conco Companies’ “one stop” shop approach is being fully utilized in the construction of the new 236,000 gross square foot office and retail building in San Jose, CA. The …Read More »
- The Conco Companies were awarded the complete turn-key structural concrete package for a mixed-use project currently under construction in downtown Bellevue, WA. The nearly two-acre Main Street Gateway complex is …Read More »
- The Conco Companies bring vast concrete services experience to the Kinects Tower, a new mixed-use 41-story high-rise under construction in the Denny Triangle area of Seattle, WA. The project is …Read More »
- The Conco Companies were awarded the concrete contract for a high-end condominium project that is currently under construction in the heart of Pacific Heights in San Francisco. The LuXe is …Read More »
- On March 13th, the Local 433 Steel and 416 Rebar Ironworkers celebrated the “topping out” of the U.S. Federal Courthouse that is currently under construction in Downtown Los Angeles. The …Read More »
- The reality is that tight construction schedules demand coordination between building trades if a project is to be successful. With the recent uptick in building activity, this task has become …Read More »
- The Conco Companies, one of the nation’s largest commercial concrete contractors is finishing up concrete work on the new Platform at Union Station, a luxurious 21-story apartment building that …Read More »
- The first quarter of 2014 saw some significant projects being completed for The Conco Companies. Concrete work for the new Levi’s Stadium (home to the San Francisco 49ers) is virtually …Read More »