Regional Safety Manager
To provide safety leadership to over 500 employees for our Washington and Oregon locations. Will help minimize and manage the legal and financial risks associated with an integrated subcontracting construction company.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand, administer and enforce company safety guidelines and policies that are in compliance with OSHA and other federal, state, and local rules and regulations along with company objectives
- Prepare employee training programs such as Fall Protection, Forklift, F/A-CPR, etc.
- Conduct jobsite safety inspections. See that deficiencies are brought to the Superintendent’s attention and get corrected in a timely manner.
- Conduct new hire orientations
- Manage employee training requirements such as tailgate training meetings and weekly jobsite inspection forms
- Plan and implement company and site specific policies and procedures for construction safety
- Work with operations personnel to identify potential safety risks and take corrective actions
- Review internal safety policies and practices to ensure they are current and appropriate
- Recommend disciplinary action for violations of company policies
- Liaison and coordinate safety practices with general contractors to make sure the company complies with job specific policies
- Responsible for conducting jobsite and facility field audits along with follow up to make sure that personnel are operating in compliance
Fleet Safety Management:
- Ensure compliance to D.O.T. regulations and company policy
- Develop, audit, improve and implement driver safety training
- Maintain fleet safety manual
- Conduct periodic random D.O.T. and BIT inspections
- Bachelor’s degree in safety management or related field preferred
- 5-10 years of safety experience required
- Capable of identifying known potential exposures and recommending corrective actions
- Computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing
How to Apply: Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Conco Companies is an equal opportunity employer. All hiring and employment decisions are made without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local EEO law.