Concrete Design/Build – We Can Handle the Entire Process
The Conco Companies have been providing high-quality concrete services to the Western United States for almost 60 years. Our extensive background has allowed us to evolve into a full service provider to the construction industry. We now have the capabilities and resources to offer our clients a broad range of concrete solutions. One example is our professional Concrete Design/Build services in which we bring on a structural engineer and collaborate during the design phase so that our client receives a cost efficient concrete system with their first set of structural drawings.
Builders save time because the value engineering is already done and they save money by avoiding change orders. Our Conco design-build team also works with the other design professionals (architect, wood structural engineer, civil engineer, etc.) early on in the process for which can be highly beneficial with today’s complex building designs.
Concrete Design/Build Services
Concrete Design/Build is an Efficient, Economical Solution
For many projects the Design/Build model offers the best value for our clients. Our company has extensive knowledge with podiums, parking garages, commercial slab on metal deck buildings as we all high rises. When Conco’s experienced team is involved in the design process early-on, it typically allows us to create a better finished product at a lower cost since we can anticipate issues and resolve them before they ever become a problem. Also our large portfolio has provided the opportunity to develop a local knowledge of the market, and in many cases, established relationships with area suppliers.
Conco is one of the only concrete contractors in the Western U.S. to have the resources of both Conco Reinforcement and Conco’s large Concrete Division. With joint management of rebar and concrete, we can make decisions based on the best end result. In addition we can anticipate and quickly respond to any problems with formwork, shotcrete or rebar by shuffling crews to accommodate scheduling.
In our experience turnkey projects reduce the layers of costs and communication which results in a better product for our customers. The five-level, cast-in-place parking structure for the Brio apartment complex in Walnut Creek, CA. is one example of Conco successfully serving as General Contractor on a Design/Build project.
Conco’s full range of concrete services include:
- Concrete pumping
- Rebar fabrication and installation
- General Contracting and turnkey solutions
Concrete Design/Build Projects
Concrete Design/Build Recent Posts
- The Conco Companies are busy finishing up work on a new 11-story hotel in downtown San Francisco. The 701 3rd Street Hyatt Place project is near AT&T Park and is …Read More »
- The Conco Companies is providing a full range of concrete services for 700 Santana Row, a new 292,000 sq. ft. eight-story, Class-A office building and a 6-level parking garage in …Read More »
- Village at Totem Lake Rendering, image source: CenterCal Properties, LLC The Conco Companies is providing a full range of concrete services on “Building C,” a part of the Village at …Read More »
- Update on 970 Denny The Conco Companies is providing a wide range of concrete services for 970 Denny, a 40-story apartment building currently under construction in the South Lake Union …Read More »
- One of the many projects The Conco Companies is involved with in the San Diego area is the Terminal 2 Parking Plaza for the San Diego International Airport. The $128 …Read More »
- Pictured (L to R): Art Vasconcelos – Clark Construction, Chad Urroz – The Conco Companies, Eric Gutierrez – The Conco Companies, Rick Parker – The Conco Companies and Steve Lode …Read More »
- The Conco Companies is providing concrete services for The Mark, a 48-story high-rise tower in Seattle, WA that will consist of 528,000 sq. ft. of Class A+ office space, as well …Read More »
- The reality is that tight construction schedules demand coordination between building trades if a project is to be successful. With the recent uptick in building activity, this task has become …Read More »