Shotcrete –An Economical, High-Quality Solution
At The Conco Companies we offer an ideal placing method known as shotcrete for an excellent alternative to traditional cast-in-place walls. Shotcrete is pneumatically placed concrete that almost eliminates the forming process all together, and thereby, greatly reduces labor cost and time. It has the same structural characteristics as traditional cast-in-place walls and a wide range of applications including shear walls, retaining walls, architectural walls, slope pavement, and soil nailing.
Advantages of Shotcrete Over Conventional Concrete
Conco operates shotcrete crews in Washington, Northern California, Southern California, Oregon and Colorado. We are specialist at servicing jobsites with extreme operating environments such as chemical plants, gas-fired electrical generators and hydroelectric plants. Our operation consists of a fleet of modern, up-to-date trucks complete with concrete pumps and all the equipment needed to get the job done right in order to meet deadlines and budgets.
Our shotcrete offers:
- Reduced forming so shotcrete walls can be constructed faster and with less material.
- The ability to easily apply color, stains, or textures and is more attractive without blemishes from tie holes.
- Same characteristics of low water content concrete including increased durability and reduction in shrinkage cracking.
- Highly skilled, experienced nozzlemen certified by the American Shotcrete Association (ASA).
- Conco’s leadership in the developing field of sculpted shotcrete. Our trained sculptors artistically use concrete as a canvas to make shotcrete walls with structural integrity that are also aesthetically pleasing.
Shotcrete Recent Posts
- Dubbed the Mile High City and situated just an hour east of the famous Rocky Mountains, Denver is Colorado’s capital and most populous city. Given its dual characteristics as a …Read More »
- Los Angeles commercial concrete contractors the Conco Companies is proud to share that we have completed and placed the 31st-floor concrete deck pour of the Carmel Cumulus Tower project. Conco …Read More »
- The Grand | Courtesy of Related Companies and COREThe four-block area in the Bunker Hill district of downtown Los Angeles on which The Grand project construction has commenced has been …Read More »
- The city of Oakland, CA has been undergoing significant change over the recent years as prominent development groups and city officials work to revitalize existing structures and re-envision the lay …Read More »
- 61-Story Salesforce Tower Distinguished for its Sustainability CEMEX, a global building materials company, today announced that Conco Companies, has been awarded a prestigious CEMEX Building Award for its work on …Read More »
- Conco is providing a wide range of concrete services for The Asher, a 900,000 sq. ft. multi-family development. This includes concrete pumping, reinforcement, formwork, finishing, construction trucking as well as …Read More »
- The Conco Companies is providing a full range of concrete services on 1314 Franklin Street. Developed by Carmel Partners, this will be Oakland’s largest residential building ever. For Conco, this …Read More »
- For the 1532 Harrison Street development, Conco is providing a wide range of concrete services including concrete pumping, formwork, finishing, and shotcrete services. The project of three, seven-story buildings connected …Read More »
- In Conco’s work on the Jewish Home of San Francisco project, they will be providing concrete pumping, reinforcement, formwork, finishing, and shotcrete services, as well as construction trucking. The new …Read More »