As a leader in the concrete construction industry, The Conco Companies are supplementing their Southern California growth strategy with a business development manager position. From projects ranging from $1 million to $150 million of self-perform work, we deliver award-winning projects for public and private sector clients. From the pre-construction phase, through completion of the project, we pride ourselves as our clients selected trade partner for concrete construction execution.
The manager of Business Development will lead Business Development efforts in Southern California, coordinate the preconstruction phase and target various markets including High Rise, Mid Rise, Podiums, Parking Structures, Stadiums, Health Care, Education, Commercial and Retail Spaces, Hospitality, and other select markets as assigned. The objective of this position is to bring new business opportunities into the company by being the champion of the firm’s services.
The business development manager must provide appropriate leadership in pursuing projects and preconstruction management services by collaborating with the preconstruction/estimating teams, operations teams, and senior management.
- Promote the services of The Conco Companies to customers, decision makers and influencers within the construction industry
- Identify projects and prospects and pursue such work in an effort to secure backlog for the company.
- Communicate within the company of potential business opportunities. Identify and assist in developing strategies that will help Conco take advantage of said opportunities.
- Provide feedback on the perception of outside customers and influencers about Conco so that changes and strategies can be developed for company improvement.
- Seek Business opportunities for the firm including turnkey packages & Special Projects Group.
- Spend majority of time outside the firm making contacts with Developers, General Contractors, Architects, and Engineers.
- Research and gather information on potential clients and projects in SoCal.
- Schedule meetings with new/existing clients to discover project information.
- Develop and maintain strong business network within the A/E/C community.
- Participate in Client organizations, and stay actively involved in professionals and community organizations.
- Work with estimating staff to develop proposals.
- Strong understanding of A/E/C industry terminology and delivery methods.
- Strong technical skill within the concrete industry.
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills.
- Persistent and follow through in a consistent manner.
- Generate partnering opportunities; design-build, value engineering efforts and create solutions for the project approach.
- Comprehensive knowledge of firm’s practice, clientele, goals, policies, and procedures.
- Preferred: Familiar with the construction marketplace (Developers, GCs, and A&E firms).
- Bachelor’s degree and 15 years of experience within the concrete construction industry.
- Past experience in construction management, A/E/C is preferred.
To apply for a job opening, please submit your resume by email to email@example.com or mail to:
5141 Commercial Circle
Concord, CA 94520
Attn: Human Resources
The Conco Companies is an equal opportunity employer. All hiring and employment decisions are made without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local EEO law.