The primary function of the Site Safety Manager is to assist all company employees with specific project site requirements from the general contractors. The Site Safety Manager will provide project leadership of the Safety, Health & Environmental programs to protect the safety and health of our employees, clients, the public, and the environment. They will provide safety leadership by engaging with management to create an Injury Free Culture across all departments and facilities. They will also work closely with project management to establish project safety performance goals.
Site Safety Manager will report directly to Conco Regional Safety Manager. However, the Site Safety Manager will work closely with the project managers and superintendents. The following will be the responsibilities of the Site Safety Manager while working on a site-specific project:
TYPICAL DUTIES (but not limited to):
- Shall communicate with project superintendents and leads on a daily/weekly basis (depending on complexity of the jobsite) to ensure that all tasks and work are properly planned and executed.
- Shall participate and ensure a quality of the Flex and Stretch Program is followed.
- Shall ensure and enforce that all company employees comply with all company, General Contractor and Cal OSHA safety policies, procedures, and standards.
- Shall conduct comprehensive site inspection of the entire project for safety compliance. Ensure copies are distributed to the general contractor, Conco Safety Department and Conco’s Management team. Results will be documented on inspection forms.
- Shall notify general contractor immediately of non-compliance safety hazards verbally and in writing with copies going to Conco Safety Department and Conco’s Project Management Team.
- Shall manage to ensure chemical storage and material waste disposal operations are followed within company policies and procedures.
- Shall inspect and or coach foremen in completing PTP (pre-task plans) including high hazard activities (crane lifts, trenching, confine space entries, etc.) for their crew’s safe operations. With copies distributed to general contractor, Conco Safety Department and Conco’s Project Management Team.
- Shall order, assign, and track all personal protective equipment to employees.
- Shall organize, manage, and lead the Green Hat Safety Personnel.
- Shall manage and monitor jobsite SWPPPS Program if needed.
- Schedule conduct and document weekly tailgate meeting and ensure project leads turn in all appropriate paperwork. Ensure copies are distributed to the general contractor, Conco Safety Department and Conco’s Project Management Team.
- Shall validate and coordinate with project leads to ensure that all craft personnel have completed the necessary training (including orientation and specialized training) for the tasks assigned to them.
- Communicate with all injured employees who are on lost time or restricted duty to receive up-dates on their status. Report status of employee to Risk Manager.
- Shall ensure the monthly inspection of fire extinguisher have been completed and documented appropriately.
- Shall perform at least once every six months an all-hands crisis management drill (emergency evacuation drills).
- Shall assist or manage and update site SDS book with new chemicals brought on to site. Ensure new SDS’s are distributed to the general contractor. Ensure Company Employees are trained on the hazards associated with each material.
- Shall ensure all investigations and all reports of near misses, injuries, and mobile equipment accidents on site are completed and turned into Company Corporate Office.
- Ensure all required Federal, State and Company postings are in place on job site along with Site Medical Plan, Heat and Illness Plan, Evacuation Plan and all other postings required by law.
- Ensures knowledge of all medium and high-risk work activities and audits for compliance to all safety requirements, before and during the work process.
- Provides training & coaching/guidance to all project personnel.
- Participates in all project specific safety meetings.
- Ensures all contractor training programs are adequate and effective.
- Builds excellent working relationships with all project management, sub-contractors, field workforce and regulatory agencies.
- Reads and understands all corporate Safety, Health & Environmental policies, programs, and procedures.
- Develops proficiency in all regulatory requirements.
The work involves frequent standing, walking, climbing, crouching, and stretching in the performance of inspection and survey duties and occasional lifting of moderately heavy objects. Will generally work in a field office environment and be performing construction site walkthrough and audits daily. Personal Protective Equipment is required at construction sites. Field conditions may vary from exposure to outside elements to outdoor construction sites. Work could include high noise environments, high traffic locations, and sites requiring fall protection, steep slopes, or uneven ground.
- 5 + years full time safety on a construction project
- Basic Computer Skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, iPad/iPhone)
- Current CPR/AED/First Aid Certification
- OSHA 30 Certification (construction)
- Bi-lingual in Spanish (preferred)
- STSC Certification
- OSHA 500 (Authorized Construction Trainer)
How to Apply: Please email your resume to email@example.com.
The Conco Companies is an equal opportunity employer. All hiring and employment decisions are made without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local EEO law.