Formwork Design Engineer – Kent, Washington
The Conco Companies is seeking a full-time Formwork Design Engineer for our Kent office. The Formwork Design Engineer supports the Formwork General Superintendent, Project Superintendents, Project Managers and Project Engineers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification with two years of structural design experience. EIT’s will be paired with a licensed Professional Engineer or Structural Engineer for training and mentoring with the goal of attaining a Professional Engineering license.
- Professional Engineer with an emphasis in structural engineering. Concrete design and post-tensioned concrete design experience is a plus. PE’s will be paired with a licensed Professional or Structural Engineer for training and mentoring.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit is a plus.
- General knowledge of the concrete industry.
- Ability to work as a team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the project team to develop cost effective shoring, reshoring and formwork systems for concrete structures.
- Design formwork systems for walls, columns, pilasters and climbing formwork systems.
- Design shoring and reshoring systems for elevated slabs and beams.
- Manage design process and provide direction to drafting staff.
- Assist Project Engineers with drafting RFI’s when required.
- Manage submittal process.
- Assists in forecasting material needs for formwork, shoring and reshoring.
- Our design system and process requires that the design engineer perform some drafting duties and drawing review in AutoCAD. A general working knowledge of AutoCAD is helpful, but not required; we will provide training.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with Project Managers through email and verbal interactions.
To apply for a job opening, please submit your resume by email to email@example.com or mail to:
5141 Commercial Circle
Concord, CA 94520
Attn: Human Resources
The Conco Companies is an equal opportunity employer. All hiring and employment decisions are made without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local EEO law.