Senior Project Engineer – Fontana, California
The Conco Companies is seeking a full time experienced Senior Project Engineer for commercial concrete construction projects in the Los Angeles Region.
Job responsibilities and duties:
- Develop and distribute RFIs and Change Orders.
- Define and implement procedures for posting revisions and updates to as-build construction documents.
- Incorporate subcontractor as-built documentation in the procedures for revising or updating contract documents.
- Implement the pre-construction quality plan.
- Work with Project Manager for fee payments or recurring permit expenses.
- Develop and maintain: Material Tracking List, Project Test and Inspection Listing, Concrete Placement Log, Non-Conformance Report.
- Manage, create, and distribute contract documents.
- Establish handling procedures for electronic documents, including Request for Information (RFI) and correspondence.
- Incorporate all processes and procedures that support the project closeout phase.
- Manage all aspects of testing and inspection processes for the construction quality management program.
- Notify the Project Manager and Superintendent promptly of test results or inspection items that do not conform to contract requirements.
- Manage submittals.
- Obtain the engineer’s/architect’s approval.
- Coordinate the packaging, review, and processing of submittals.
- Expedite submittals to ensure material deliveries are in sync with the project schedule.
- Communicate details and requirements for the submittal process to subcontractors and suppliers.
- Responsible for the mentoring, management, and timely performance evaluation of field engineers.
- Special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related program of study is preferred, but NOT a must.
- Minimum of four years related construction (vertical, commercial) experience in the local market.
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices.
- Strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven positive and professional attitude and customer service skills.
Compensation based on experience.
Apply for Senior Project Engineer – Fontana, California
Please submit your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
5141 Commercial Circle
Concord, CA 94520
Attn: Human Resources
The Conco Companies is an equal opportunity employer. All hiring and employment decisions are made without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local EEO law.