The reality is that tight construction schedules demand coordination between building trades if a project is to be successful. With the recent uptick in building activity, this task has become increasingly more difficult for both the developer and the general contractor.
In order to alleviate such scheduling difficulties, a simple solution that The Conco Companies provides is to be a single source alternative to our customers. When working with Conco, a GC can make one call and get high-quality, formwork, rebar, place and finish, shotcrete and pumping services all in one place.
The advantages of this approach are clear. As business improves, companies are stretched thin as subcontractors must move their crews between several different projects. A single day delay by one subcontractor can delay the work of others by a week or more as each subcontractor has committed crews and resources to other projects. With Conco’s approach of working as a coordinated team, it allows us to anticipate and respond to any problems with formwork, shotcrete or rebar by shuffling crews to accommodate our customers.
Nowhere is the need as critical as with concrete and rebar. Concrete cannot be poured until rebar is complete and demanding schedules mandate minimal delay between rebar inspection and pouring concrete. When one company controls both aspects, the chances of success are greatly increased. Some key benefits of a combined solution include:
- Joint management of rebar and concrete generates a holistic approach where decisions are made based on the best end result
- Ability to manage crane time between concrete and rebar tasks
- Coordination of trades to keep projects on schedule
- Joint collaboration between concrete and rebar that identifies opportunities for improvement in design
- Reduction of equipment on projects as forklifts, hydro cranes, and power tools are shared between concrete and rebar
- Eliminate disputes over scope issues between concrete and rebar and the management time necessary to settle those disputes
- Reduce unnecessary paperwork and charges between trades that add no value to a project
The Conco Companies, through Conco Reinforcement and Conco’s Concrete Division, is structured to meet all the concrete needs of a project. We bring decades of experience to provide unsurpassed services to our customers.