If ordering a boom pump
- Are there overhead obstructions?
- Power lines (min. 20ft clearance)
- Low clearance bridges/buildings (need 13’ 6” clearance)
- What size boom do you need?
- Is there safe access for the truck to get into the jobsite?
- The customer assumes all liability and charges for any damages and removal of the pump if it becomes stuck
- Is there a flat area with stable ground to set the pump up on with enough space to accommodate the outriggers?
- If setting up next to a footing or depression, know the 1 : 1 Rule. For every foot drop, set the pump outrigger back one foot (example: when setting up next to a 4’ deep footing, have the outrigger sitting no closer than 4’ from the footing)
- The pump cannot setup outside of 3 degrees from level
If ordering a trailer pump
- What is the farthest distance of the pour from where the concrete delivery truck can sit?
- The pipe is rigid except for the last few hoses. Do you need any elbows or special pipe?
What we need to know
- Your company’s name
- Jobsite Address
- Type of concrete being placed (this will determine the pump and system size)
- Concrete Supplier
- Concrete Yardage
- Concrete Delivery Time (note: pumps need a minimum of ½ hour setup time. Large pumps, difficult setups and system jobs require additional setup time)
- Phone number of person ordering pump, jobsite contact, and anyone else we can communicate with to complete the job
- Do you have a place to prime the pump? (A slurry mix is used and is typically done outside of the pour)
- Do you have a place to wash out the pump at the end of the day?
- Have you allowed enough time to setup system?
- Have you scheduled enough manpower to setup, handle and breakdown system?
- Have you ordered a line pump mix?
What you need to know about our business
- Operators need 10 hours off between shifts to drive a pump. Give us advanced notice when scheduling a pump during off hours
- Operators cannot drive back in the yard if they have worked more than 16 hours (less for interstate). If you know a pour will be a long pour or is far from our yard, let us know so that we can make arrangements
- The sooner you order a pump, the more likely we can accommodate sending a specific size pump or operator
What to Expect
- Expect up to 1 yd of concrete left over in the pump.
- We cannot washout into anything higher than 8 inches
- It is the customer’s responsibility for removal of this concrete
- Order one extra yard to accommodate for what will be lost in the pump