The Conco Companies just took delivery of two new Schwing M36/31 concrete pumps that are specifically designed to skillfully meet the challenges of our drilling customers. The new M36/31 pumps are currently based out of our Southern California operations.
Up until now, one of the problems that drillers have faced is that most concrete booms are not capable of lifting the heavy loads of long tremmie pipes filled with concrete. Since most pumps are rated with a lifting capacity of 300 – 400 lbs., cranes have been required to assist with the lift of the boom in order to avoid the potential for catastrophic failure.
To address this problem, Conco met with Schwing America to collaborate on engineering a pump that would better serve the drilling industry. Unlike conventional pumps, the new tremmie pump is capable of lifting long tremmies into caissons without the need for a crane assist, and the roll and fold design of the boom does not interfere with typical drilling operations. The result of our combined effort is a pump that has up to 1,100 pounds of capacity for lifting up to 60’ tremmies of 4” 11Ga. safely. Furthermore, these new pumps are equipped with the latest emission standards and are CARB compliant!
The features of our new Schwing Tremmie pumps include:
- Modified tip section allowing for 1,100 lbs. of lifting capacity.
- Roll and fold boom that does not interfere with drilling operations.
- Small footprint for tight jobs.
- Forward “X” style telescoping outriggers and lateral telescopic rear outriggers that do not interfere with jobsite obstacles.
- Modern “B” Rock valve that can easily pump lean mixes.
- Large material cylinders to reduce cycling times resulting in smoother pumping.
- Cab over truck to maximize reach.
- CARB compliant 2014 model.
- Max Pump Performance, 178 Yards/Hr, 1,102 Pressure
A large part of getting the job done right is having the right equipment to do the job. Conco’s new M36/31 concrete pumps are designed to be the right equipment to assist us in better serving the project specific challenges of our drilling customers.
Conco is a leading supplier of concrete services for the Western United States. We have built our reputation with superior concrete formwork, reinforcing, place and finish, shotcrete and other ancillary services that benefit from our vast experience. Our concrete services include commercial, educational, parking and other construction development as well as public works projects.