A Cost-effective, Time-saving Solution
The Conco Companies expertly produce and place Confoam™, also known as foam concrete, which is one of the most productive, cost-effective solutions for a large variety of applications. Our proprietary Confoam™ is a lightweight, low-density fill material that is customized for each specific application and provides benefits that cannot be achieved with traditional construction materials. In addition, Conco has the specialized production equipment and the professional know-how to safely and skillfully place the highly flowable, cellular lightweight concrete to save projects both time and money.
Confoam™ Technology & Applications
Confoam™ is a cement-based slurry that has a high percentage of foam entrained into the plastic mortar. Along with its fluid nature and ease of pumpability, Confoam™ can easily fill the most difficult voids including underneath slabs or narrow, unstable trenches.
Confoam™ benefits include:
- No Compaction Required – Self-compacting Confoam™ eliminates the need for mechanical compaction and is also more consistent, while at the same time, having no impact on retaining structures or deep foundations.
- Lightweight – Confoam™ can be produced at a weight that is considerably less than compacted base materials or native soils, and thus eliminates the need for expensive foundation solutions.
- Settlement Free Construction -Confoam™ can be produced to make the combined weight of the new structure less than or equal to the weight of the removed soil, and virtually eliminates any settlement.
- Safer placement – Confoam™ offers a safer alternative to traditional fill methods, as it eliminates the need to put employees in the excavation area.
- Easily excavatable – Unlike other CLSM concrete mixes, Confoam™ does not achieve unexpected strength gain, which means it is easy to excavate with common construction equipment, or in the case of some low strength mixes, just a shovel.
Confoam™ Recent Posts
- Conco is teaming up once again with Clark Construction. Conco’s Northwest division is returning to Seattle-Tacoma (Sea-Tac) Airport to provide concrete services for the LEED Silver International Arrivals Facility (IAF) …Read More »
- “This estimated $150 million hotel and mixed-use project will contribute to downtown Tacoma’s renaissance significantly,” according to a city staff report. “It is one of the first major foreign direct …Read More »
- The Conco Companies is providing concrete services for the Center Steps project in Seattle, Washington. Located in the shadow of the Space Needle and across the street from major arts …Read More »
- The Conco Companies, providing a range of concrete services, has poured out the three, 9-story LEED Silver mixed-use buildings at the Southport on Lake Washington Office Campus located in Renton, …Read More »
- 61-Story Salesforce Tower Distinguished for its Sustainability CEMEX, a global building materials company, today announced that Conco Companies, has been awarded a prestigious CEMEX Building Award for its work on …Read More »
- The first phase in the renovation of the historic LA Memorial Coliseum won the 2018 category of Outstanding Performance in Repair & Restoration for the Southern California chapter of ACI. The …Read More »
- Conco Pumping was called when Vance Corporation’s usual pump supplier declined the project declaring the low slump, low cement, high fly flash 1-1/2” aggregate mix unpumpable. The foundation for the …Read More »
- Conco is providing a wide range of concrete services for The Asher, a 900,000 sq. ft. multi-family development. This includes concrete pumping, reinforcement, formwork, finishing, construction trucking as well as …Read More »
- The Conco Companies is providing a full range of concrete services on 1314 Franklin Street. Developed by Carmel Partners, this will be Oakland’s largest residential building ever. For Conco, this …Read More »