A Cost-effective, Time-saving Solution
The Conco Companies expertly produce and place Confoam™, also known as foam concrete, which is one of the most productive, cost-effective solutions for a large variety of applications. Our proprietary Confoam™ is a lightweight, low-density fill material that is customized for each specific application and provides benefits that cannot be achieved with traditional construction materials. In addition, Conco has the specialized production equipment and the professional know-how to safely and skillfully place the highly flowable, cellular lightweight concrete to save projects both time and money.
Confoam™ Technology & Applications
Confoam™ is a cement-based slurry that has a high percentage of foam entrained into the plastic mortar. Along with its fluid nature and ease of pumpability, Confoam™ can easily fill the most difficult voids including underneath slabs or narrow, unstable trenches.
Confoam™ benefits include:
- No Compaction Required – Self-compacting Confoam™ eliminates the need for mechanical compaction and is also more consistent, while at the same time, having no impact on retaining structures or deep foundations.
- Lightweight – Confoam™ can be produced at a weight that is considerably less than compacted base materials or native soils, and thus eliminates the need for expensive foundation solutions.
- Settlement Free Construction -Confoam™ can be produced to make the combined weight of the new structure less than or equal to the weight of the removed soil, and virtually eliminates any settlement.
- Safer placement – Confoam™ offers a safer alternative to traditional fill methods, as it eliminates the need to put employees in the excavation area.
- Easily excavatable – Unlike other CLSM concrete mixes, Confoam™ does not achieve unexpected strength gain, which means it is easy to excavate with common construction equipment, or in the case of some low strength mixes, just a shovel.
Confoam™ Recent Posts
- Saturday, August 24th was not your typical day for Conco. While many projects are shutdown for the weekend, this Saturday was one of the busiest Saturdays in Conco’s 60-year history. …Read More »
- The Marriott Hotel is slated to open a new franchise, the Moxy Hotel in Portland, in the Pearl District in summer of 2020. Construction began in June 2019 on the …Read More »
- Seattle commercial concrete contractors, The Conco Companies, is working with Kirkland Developers, Kirkland Construction Group, and OTAK Architects to bring an immense and exciting new project to The Waterfront Vancouver …Read More »
- Dubbed the Mile High City and situated just an hour east of the famous Rocky Mountains, Denver is Colorado’s capital and most populous city. Given its dual characteristics as a …Read More »
- By 2020-21, Los Angelinos will have access to a large portion of its newest multi-use development project in the Inglewood neighborhood of the city: Hollywood Park. Since its conception, the …Read More »
- The Conco Companies is proud to share that we have completed and placed the 31st-floor concrete deck pour of the Carmel Cumulus Tower project. Conco provided the concrete structure, concrete …Read More »
- The Grand is an immense, much anticipated mixed-use development project in the Los Angeles neighborhood of Bunker Hill that commenced construction in May 2019. To kick off the project, Los …Read More »
- Image provided by Shears-Adkins-Rockmore Architects While the Healthcare District of Denver is home to a constellation of hospitals and healthcare facilities, it is also a bustling area featuring restaurants, retail …Read More »
- The Grand | Courtesy of Related Companies and COREThe four-block area in the Bunker Hill district of downtown Los Angeles on which The Grand project construction has commenced has been …Read More »